Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Shout-Out: Duotrope's Digest

Quite simply, I love these guys.  What a great publishing resource for poets and writers.  No matter what your style, genre, or taste, there's something here for everyone.  Duotrope's is "an award-winning, free writers' resource listing over 3400 current Fiction and Poetry publications. Use [them] to search for markets that may make a fine home for the piece you just polished."  They offer "free services [to] writers and editors, including a free online submissions tracker for registered users."  They make many updates to their literary journals and presses every day, and check the listings regularly to make sure you're offered up-to-date information.  There's also a weekly newsletter you can sign up for.  Since I signed up with them last December, I've had sixteen poems published, using their resources and tools.  Though free, they do accept donations to help with the running costs of the site.  I'll be sending them a big, fat check soon.  Try 'em, I think you'll like 'em!  Here's a direct link to their site:

2 comments:

  1. Agree, Lauren - Duotrope is the absolute BEST source for markets... when I started Boston Literary Magazine I had so few contributors and all I was doing was posting on Craig's List... someone suggested I get my listing on Duotrope and I've been buried ever since. I love the interviews with the editors - I find them so helpful when I send out my own poetry and fiction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robin! I *just* figured out how to add a reply button for comments on here (only took me a month & a half, ha ha). Thanks for the comment. They've been a big help to me. And if I ever start up a lit journal, I'm definitely going to list with them, too!

    ReplyDelete