Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dust in the Wind

Some recent literary journal closings:  The Literary Burlesque, Message in a Bottle, and Rusty Truck.  Rest in peace, guys~it was a fun ride while it lasted.  A lot of people don't realize all the work that goes into running online lit journals, which are often edited (unpaid) by writers with day jobs of their own, who come home to a mountain of submissions to sift through.  It's enough stress for me to avoid starting up my own journal, I'll tell you that, and I find it understandable when these sites close down.  I wish though, that the individual pieces appearing on the sites could be permanently archived online somehow, so our published work doesn't disappear, like so much dust in the wind, when a journal folds.  I've got a couple of broken links to fix now.  Kind of sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment